Friday, June 23, 2006

The curse of the broken macro...

Yesterday I was soloing with my summoner for a little while. Things were going pretty well, so I busted out my NPC, Ripokeke. Ripo, my avatar, and I were killing shit pretty well that I stopped paying attention to my avatar's health. I pull a tough Goblin, and it one-shots the rest of my avatar's health, leaving me and Ripokeke alone, and totally boned. She provokes and I do the honorable thing... No, I'm just fucking with you, I ran away like a bitch, leaving her to die.

Within seconds she was murdered and the Goblin was thirsty for my blood. I got caught on a damn cactus and the goblin caught up to me pretty quick. I pulled out my staff and started to fight back:

Pasquale hits the Goblin Tinkerer for 13 points of damage.
The Goblin Tinkerer hits Pasquale for 60 points of damage.

Ok, fuck this. I spam a Fire Spirit macro I had made for just an emergency, but it doesn't work, because there are not three 'i's in 'Spirit.' I finally get one out and send him in with 10 hp remaining. I immediatly start to use a warp scroll. About 15% in to using it, I run out of MP and my Fire Spirit goes away, after doing zero damage to the King of the Goblins that I was fighting. He runs up to me and swings... Miss! Yes! Finally some luck. 35% done... c'mon...

The Lord of all Goblins uses Goblin Rush.
(crap crap crap)
Pasquale warps!

I end up on the front step of the mog house, dead. A few white mages around there gave me some shit before eventually raising me. Note to self: I hate Goblins.

No comments: