Monday, October 16, 2006

Unfinished Business.

I promised one last post. Here it is, Pasquale's last adventure.

Day One:

I logged in, forgetting that I had logged out in Garliage, trying to get my BLM hands done. As soon as I logged in, I found myself being raped by this giant black ooze thing, that was apparently guarding the door.

After being immediatly killed, I HP back to Jeuno. I didn't really mind, it's not like I need the exp anyways. (side note - I broke my record for time logged in before death. Things were still loading on the damn screen.)

I was planning on selling my things and sending gil to my friends in-game, sort of a 'thanks for being awesome, have some gil' thing. I ran to my MH to see if everything had sold.

When I got into my Mog House, I was greeted with a full delivery box. Unfortunatly it was full of items, and not gil. It's going to stay full now, because I am too lazy to try again. Sorry, I'm the worst friend ever. (side note - Honestly, It woulda been like 75k a piece, I'm hella broke.)

I switched to SMN and headed to catch the boat to Windurst one last time. As if the capt was waiting for me, the boat departed as soon as I touched the dock, thus causing me to wait for nine minutes. (side note - Damn you SE. Every fucking time...)

Nine minutes of waiting and three minutes of sailing later, I was ready for my final fight. I ran to my MH to take some screenshots of my sweet decorating abilities (I'm at work, I'll post those later) and headed to Saruta, to hunt my white whale.

For three hours I stick around his spawn area and commit heinous acts of crawlercide, hoping to lure him from hiding.

No such luck. It was as if he knew I was coming for him. Eventually, I got tired of waiting and I logged, angry and angry.

Day Two:

I log in and the first thing I see is a giant crawler head covering my screen. Could the son of a bitch have been waiting for me to return?

No. No he wasn't. It ended up being a regular crawler. I made him pay for getting my hopes up by 2-houring his {too weak} ass. Satisfaction guarenteed.

I sat to rest, when the real deal spawned behind me.

Pasquale -vs- Spiny Spipi; Round 11

I started to summon carbuncle, but I decided I wanted to kill this beast one-on-one. I took off my staff, and went into unarmed combat with the king of monsters.

The battle was intense.

Pasquale hits Spiny Spipi for 4 points of damage
Spiny Spipi hits Pasquale for 1 point of damage
Pasquale hits Spiny Spipi
Critical! Spiny Spipi takes 6 points of damage

I believe the word you're looking for is 'epic.'

Sooner or later (later. much later.) my TP hits 100%. I decided to put my staff back on and finish the job with one of my lame, low skill level staff weapon skills.

I forgot that switching weapons erases TP, and was left with nothing. (Give me a break, I'm all mage. I think I've used a WS'd maybe six times ever.)

Before I could see what was happenning, my staff has practically brought Spiny to his furry little knees.

I turned around so I wouldn't finish him. The kill shot had to be perfect.

I waited for his incredibly weak hits to fill up my TP. This took around 15 minutes.

1 man.
1 mob.
100% tp.

I spun in a blaze of glory and struck Spiny as hard as my Tarutaru arms could strike. After the dust settled, and the animation for my WS went away, I stood triumphantly over my fallen nemesis.

My heart stopped as I waited for the drops...

...

...

Pasquale obtains a Silk Thread.

...

...

/sigh

Well played Spiny, well played.

---
Thanks to everyone who read my blog, and thanks to my friend's in-game for making me want to play as long as I did. It's been awesome. Check out my website (www.superawsomecarnivalbears.net) if you wanted to read some other things I write.

Thanks again,
Pasquale (Jason)

No comments: