Tuesday, December 19, 2006

This just in, I hate you.

I have been having connection problems lately and my FFXI experience has suffered because of it. The most recent of said suffering occurred a few days ago, while fighting Wajaom Tigers. (I'm pretty sure that's what they were called. I guess I could look it up, but meh. They were giant tiger-like beasts in Wajaom.)

The party was actually going really well. I was stuck at main heal, but our tank rocked hard so there wasn't much healing to do, aside from having to cast Paralyna on everyone every five seconds. (Seriously non-stop, I don't think any of my Avatars saw the light of day.) (Damn tigers.)

Experience points were literally raining down on us as we blew through tiger after tiger. It was my first real exp party since I've been back and it felt good.

About an hour in, I got disconnected. When I was able to log back in, I was greeted by a pile of dead bodies.

I apologized to the group and began to Raise everyone. There were some less-than-pleasant remarks made by our BLM about me d/c-ing, and after I rested up we began again.

About 20 min later I notice no one is moving. I quick glance to the top-right corner of my screen let me know I was disconnecting again. Balls.

It took me about 10 min to get back and this time my party was much less forgiving. After Raising everyone again I was informed I was no longer allowed in the group. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure it went exactly like this:

Leader: Yeah... WTF?
Pasquale: Guys, I'm really sorry. I told you when we started my connection was shitty today. Let's just start up again?
Dragoon: Hell no. Fuck you and your connection.
Black Mage: Fuck you.
Pasquale
: {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass}

Black Mage
: Fuck you.
Tank: Guys let's just start again...

Pasquale
: That's quite a vocabulary you've got there.

Leader
: No, fuck Pasq, he's a fucking dick. He's gone.

Black Mage: Fuck you.

/blist Black Mage

At this point I was kicked from the party. I called my chocobo and went back to Whitegate to seek for another group.

Twenty-five minutes later I get a /tell:
Leader from before: {Party}?

I decided it was best to ignore it.

Leader from before: Ummm... {Party}?
Pasquale
: You can't possibly be this stupid.


There was a pause. I could picture the puzzled look on his face.

Leader from before: WTF?
Pasquale
: You just kicked me out of your party half an hour ago. Bad connection? {Death} everywhere?

Leader from before
: Oh

Leader from before
: Fuck you.


I decided I'd had enough and logged for a bit. When I came back on, I threw up my flag and waited patiently for an invite.

Leader from before, for a remarkable third time: {Party}?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People who can't take some death every once in a while need to get over themselves and stop playing video games. Shit happens. - Neyla

Anonymous said...

You should have joined and let the leader die...but i know you're not as evil as some of us.

-Aristarc