Monday, February 19, 2007

Dawn of the Dead...Taru.

So I logged in yesterday to find my LinkShell doing a subligar run in Pneumonia Aquaman, and I decided to join them. I ran to Port Jeuno, where I discovered I had just missed the boat. 10 minutes later I was on my way home to switch jobs and grab my SMN gear out of storage. After getting everything set, I used a warp cudgel to take me back to Jeuno, so I could get a teleport.

Pasquale uses a Warp Cudgel.

=== Area: Windurst Woods ===

Damnit. I could tell right away it was going to be a long day.

I was right.

I finally make it over to the zone my ls was in. On the way to meet them, I managed to aggro a Stegotaur, and was promptly and painfully pummeled.

Death count: 1 (Oh yeah, it's back.)

One of my ls mates came to rescue me and we headed up a ladder to rest.

Apparently, Stegotaurs can climb ladders.

Death count: 2 (Also, this SS is awesome.)

We finally made it to our linkshell to find them battling two Stegos. I hid in a nearby hallway to avoid any AoE attacks, as I was still very much Weakened.

Suddenly, the most adorable assassin ever came up from behind and one-shotted me. Adorable, you ask? I'm talking of course about the Fomor Monk.

Death count: 3 (Not my SS, found it online. But seriously, look at his tiny fists. Adorable.)

I got raised again, and my linkshell started to fight the Monk. He used some fancy AoE move, and apparently I was too close. I was still very much Weakened from my last death. When I am Weakened, I only have 60 HP.

Death count: 4

Once again I was brought back to life, and we rested to full. Weakened wore off and I was finally able to contribute to the group. We had four Fomors going at a time, because of the aggro. We had linkshell members kiting two of them, while I had Carby kiting the third. It kinda reminded me of my level 20 avatar fights, so it went pretty well. Eventually everyone who needed a subligar from that spot got one, and we headed to a different camp.

We were only at the new camp for a few minutes when my screen suddenly shifted. It went from a nice hallway filled with friends, to this:

Yeah. That's me staring at the Minotaur. I don't know how it happened, but it sucked. We quickly charged into battle. There were swords and axes flying everywhere. I even managed to get my 2 hour off before I got murdered.

I died right after taking that SS, but we managed to get a win in the end. This was nice, because I am on 2-3, and now I don't think I have to kill the Minotaur anymore.

Death Count: 5

We made our way to a Fomor Bard and killed it, and the subligar dropped. We were finally done.

I died 5 times, but it was totally worth it.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hmmm, I was expecting a Death count: 6 ... from where you finished and went to help me get my Garlaige coffer key and died >.<

Fallen Mages = teh sux. ;;

Pasquale said...

Haha yeah, I make one hot corpse.

Shmedly said...

It's ok Pas, you've learned how to die gracefully at least lol. On another note I've gone into your line of work as summoner and found that I get owned just as easy as you lol... Carby attacks Bee, Shmedly runs off and giggles and waits for carby to die and resummon, Shmedly fills his drawers when not only the bee carby was fighting but another bee has joined the chase... 1 Even Match(the original enemy) and 1 Tough(that bastid that followed). Needless to say I was pulling a stinger out of my backside after I was raised...