Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Office besieged.

I typically spend most of my work day with other people in my office. This makes Internet usage very limited, as there are always people watching everything.

At lunch time, I am free to do whatever I want, because I finally get half an hour to myself. That is usually the time I write these updates.

A few days ago, one of my bosses retired. My other boss, who ate lunch with him for 30 years, was now lunch-buddy-less.

Somehow, I managed to aggro my boss on the way to my office yesterday, and he followed me all the way back to camp. I was hoping he would go away when I zoned into my office, but I was wrong.

He spent the next 15 minutes talking about light fixtures, and I decided I had to use one of my job abilities. I slid my cell-phone to my lap and sent my friend a /tell.

Pasquale: Dude, call me right now, I can't take this anymore.

I patiently waited for my phone to ring and my friend to save me, but I was met instead with three beeps, which was an incoming /tell.

Friend: What's wrong? Is everything ok?

I quickly replied, as I was just about ready to Mijin Gakure myself.

Pasquale: Douche, call me now, I need to get away from my boss.
Friend: Fuck you, douche.
Pasquale: !!

Finally my phone rang, although it was not my friend, but my mom. I regretted answering, "About time, douche."

My boss resisted my cell phone attack, and just sat there stunned until I was done. All hope was lost for our hero.

Just before my boss cast "Boredom" on me one last time to finish me off, the power went out in our building, and that pulled enough hate to get him away from me. I'm currently resting as I type this, because I probably would have deleveled had I had to sit there much longer.

(Sorry for the non-FFXI post, but I can't get five minutes to myself anymore. I did my best to make it have a FFXI feel. New post later this week.)


2 comments:

Timwakefield said...

Lol, great post.

Shmedly said...

ROFLMAO... And people say FFXI is just a game pfft. Nice work Pas, keep 'em comin'

Peace,
Shmed