Monday, March 05, 2007

Sometimes...

Sometimes, people level, find a replacement, and leave their party.

These people are normal.

Sometimes, people get disconnected and leave their parties.

These people are unfortunate.

Sometimes, people level and immediately force d/c.

These people are douche bags.

Sometimes, people level and leave the party, without looking for a replacement.

These guys? Also douche bags.

Sometimes, you want to leave a party because you are tired and the exp isn't that good. You search and send /tells for an hour with no luck finding a replacement.

This happened to me last night. I must have sent out 15 /tells to different people with no luck. I felt bad leaving the party, as I was main heal, but in my defense, I gave them an hour's notice, and I seriously sent /tells to everyone online.

Today's post is going to be some tips on 'How to Seek.'

Tip 1 - Search comment.
Search comments are great because they can give people a glimpse of what you have to offer when they are looking for someone to party with. I usually put my exp tnl and the length of time I want to party. Also, with the last line, a link to this blog, because I'm a whore.

Some people throw up a seek flag and write poetry in their search comment. O captain, O captain, I clearly don't want a party; My seacom is too cool for info, Poetry makes me look like a smarty.

Tip 2 - Be ready.
I understand that sometimes you get an invite while shopping, and need a few minutes to get ready and head out. That's not a problem. Your party would rather have you a little late and prepared, than on time and useless.

It is not ok, however, to tell me that you need an hour til you can party. Why bother throwing up your flag if you can't party for another hour, you fake replacement bastard. Seriously, I hate you.

Tip 3 - Afk=mdk. (murder death kill) (Demolition Man ftw) (Worst reference ever?)
When you are looking for a party, for the love of god, stay near your computer. Everyone knows waiting for an invite is boring, and even I am guilty of watching TV or reading while seeking. There is a little chime that goes off when you get a /tell. Turn up your speakers you deaf bastards.

8 comments:

Shmedly said...

Well Pas, FYI my chime for /tells is broke or I don't know how to turn it on. LMAO Kill them all!

Anonymous said...

You have to go to your filters and turn it on I believe. I'm pretty sure it is in Chat Filters.

Timwakefield said...

If you gave an hour notice, you are at no fault. Generally, I don't even find my own replacements unless the party leader asks, because some dumbasses will replace themselves with jobs that aren't even close to what they were (I.E. MNK reping himself with NIN?). Tell the leader you gotta bail in an hour, and let them figure out what to do. Once you throw up the "I'm gettin the hell outta here" flag, it is no longer your responsibility. ( '-')d

Anonymous said...

<3 ?

Anonymous said...

<3 <3

Anonymous said...

Who is leaving me teh hearts?

Anonymous said...

Been keeping up with your blog for a while and just recently had the urge to post (bad, i know).

Just wanted to say great blog,keep up the wonderful posts, and thank you! i'll never miss an invite again :P

Anonymous said...

hey Pas, this is poring, sorry i havent been a reliable reader but ive been really busy, but now that i took a small break from game i came to read your blog (or just having relapses..) but anyway congratulation on Minotaur and stuff, hope u get that exp back from your 5 umm.. deaths ;o