Monday, July 31, 2006

{Death} {do you have it?}

Once in a while, you encounter a player whose level of skill is awe-inspiring. These are the players who can do no wrong, know all there is to know, and are gods among men (and tarus).

Inversely, once in a while you meet a player who is so poorly educated, that the mere sight of his /tells sends chills down your spine. Unfortunatly today's post is about this type of player.

I had three types of Tarut Cards in my bazaar, hoping to trade my extras for the fourth type. I get a /tell from a player asking about my price.

Player: Dayum. why so moch monies?

Against my better judgement, I responded, hoping there was some slim chance that this guy had my fourth card.

Pasquale: That's not the price, I'm asking for a trade. You need one?
Player: Yeah. Gimme Death!1! \m/ (Author's note: I'll admit, I dont even know what that thing is.)

Oh god. If only...

Pasquale: Yeah, I have an extra one of those, you have trade?
Player: No i ony hav gilz.
Player: lol gilz like a fish lololol

If I had been leveling DRK, this is about where I would have used my "Slit Wrists" ability.

Pasquale: Well, I guess I can sell you one for ... 100k?
::long pause::
Player: Yes!@ tradetreadtread plz

Now I'm wondering how high I coulda gone, but seeing as these cards were free, I'm happy. I inform him I have to run to my MH and grab one. He follows me there.

Player: Hey! I gave you monies! wherez u?!!
Pasquale: I'm in my mog house, getting your card. I'll be out in a second.
Player: No u are no! I am in your MogHouse, and u not here! I'm calin GM1
Pasquale: WTF are you talking about? How the hell could you be in my mog house?
Player: Well, if this isnt yur house, who's bed is this?????

Right about here I wanted to log out, set my brain on fire, and commit seppuku. I zoned back into Jeuno to give him his card and be done with him. Before I hit trade, I /checked him to see what I was dealing with.

Level 35. Level fucking 35. How could you go 35 levels and not know anything about your Mog House?

Player: Gimme Death. no2w!
Pasquale: Here is your card. Please fall in a well and die.
Player: HAHA YES DEATH!!!!!!!!!!! \m/ (Still no idea what that means.)

At this point, I was relieved that I had survived the ordeal. Following my example, he put his card on display in his bazaar.

For 1 gil.

I am now the owner of a (slightly used) Death card and 99,999gil.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome story. -- Halifirien @ ffxi.mysterysteps.com

Coeurl de Lionne said...

Holy sh.... Wow!!!!

So many levels of sheer stupidity... I'm getting vertigo... 'grats on getting that much richer, I can only phantom what that guy would have done with his Gil otherwise.

Anonymous said...

lol that is too funny! It amazes me everyday what n00bs will come up with next. As for the \m/, clench your hand into a fist, raise your pinky and index fingers and you get the classic "Devil horns" ^^b

Towelie of Sylph

Anonymous said...

Poor noob. I wonder how he got that kind of gil when hes clearly a noob. I smell rmt.

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff on this one Pasquale. I hate retards and nice job screwing him over.

--Romperstomper(Quetzalcoatl)