Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Back to basics.

After a week of bad parties, I decided to switch jobs for a few days. I saw it as a way to flush the negativity out, because instead of being mad at SMN, I would be mad at something else.

Mission: Accomplished.

I started with Thief, because I always thought it would be cool to have Flee. My Thief was level six when I started releveling it the other day. When I hit level 10, I was surprised to find I still didn't have flee. {Hmmm.}

A quick search at alla let me know that Flee was a lvl 25 ability, and that I was an idiot.

Immediately after finding out how far I was from Flee, I switched to BRD. I'm still not sure why I switched to BRD, because I was never a fan, but I figured I'd give it another try.

Ten seconds later, I was lying dead after being brutally murdered by a decent challenge Bee.

Next on my hitlist was Corsair. As I was gearing my level 12 COR up, I remembered all the work a Corsair had to do when in a party, and quickly changed jobs once again. (Poor Corsair, didn't even make it out of the Mog House.)

I was gonna try PLD, but I was level 20 and that meant partying, which I didn't want to do. The same went for WAR and SAM. I thought about Ranger, but the thought of pulling for a party horrified me. If you have ever done anything with me, you understand that I am not someone you want bringing mobs to your party, because my mobs never travel alone.

I decided to give Beastmaster another go. Last time I attempted this job, there was a lot of mischarming and crying going on, but I decided to try again, without failing at everything. The 'no party' aspect had a nice ring to it.

At first it was going pretty well. I fought all the way to 10 without having any mishaps. Spiny spawned while I was leveling in his area, and thanks to every rarab and mandragora within a ten mile radius, I was able to take him down. Still no cape drop, and I still hate him.

I think my favorite part about Beastmaster is your ability to save your ass if something goes wrong. I was resting when a goblin decided to try to end me. I ran away and started throwing charmed bees at him like they were bullets coming out of a machine gun. Several minutes later, I was victorious. It was a good feeling, to live through the same goblin aggro that has killed me many times before.

After my triumphant win over that sneaky goblin bastard, I decided I'd farm myself a pair of Bounding Boots. After three hours of losing claims to people without subjobs, I gave up. (Man, I wish I had Flee.) I am pretty much the worst camper ever. (I know three hours isn't much time. I once helped my brother camp Lizzy for six hours, it was awful.) I hear there's a BCNM that also drops them, and that it's pretty easy. Maybe I'll try that.

I'm starting to miss SMN, but I think I'll take BST to at least 20-ish before I switch back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup it is indeed fun. Almost 73 with my bst^^

Pasquale said...

Thanks, Soren^^

Anonymous, you are a better man than I am. Unless you're a girl. Than you're a better... umm... damnit. (I really should have used a less gender-specific phrase.)

**Little update**
I have since died four times leveling BST and decided I hated the job and it can go to my Mog House and rot with COR and RDM.

aids said...

Don't worry I'm a man.

Yep dying is part of levelling Bst. The more you die the better you get lol. I think I died a million times and usually right after levelling up. I probably dinged to level 60 three times. That was fun!

Chris said...

I used to get lots of "O.O" comments when I tried to come as RNG/THF for fleepulling, back before /NIN became the defacto standard.

I put BST on the back burner for now too, partly b/c of all the dying >.<