Friday, January 19, 2007

The MND is a terrible thing to waste.

If there's one thing I can't stand, its main-healing. I do it all the time, because I have to, but each time the little SMN inside me dies a little.

Despite the fact that I strongly dislike doing it, I do do it, and I do it pretty damn well. (Whoa, that's a lot of "do.") Obviously I never thought my healing could compare to that of a WHM, whose sole purpose in a party is to keep everyone alive, but the other day I was proven wrong.

I was seeking in Whitegate, debating if I wanted a party or if I wanted to just wait for the upcoming Besieged, when I got an invite asking if I wanted to start a party. Normally I turn these down, as they are usually a waste of time when it doesn't get filled. This time was different:

Player>> You want to start a party with me?
Pasquale>> If I'm still seeking when you're a little fuller shoot me another tell.
Player>> I'm a WHM, and I already have a tank, it shouldn't take that long.

I haven't partied with a WHM in forever, and this would give me a chance to fully take advantage of the Rage/Ward BloodPact system, without needing my MP to heal. I accepted and within minutes we were off to Aydeewa Subterrane, a place near Wajoam, with a name impossible to spell without the Auto-Translator. I want to say it out loud, but it makes my mouth hurt.

We met at the entrance and I noticed the WHM was wearing a pretty cool looking piece of body armor. After checking it, I was suprised to see the MND- stat, but I figured it was just travel gear, and didn't say anything. When we got to camp our puller pulled a Defoliator (something like that, those green crawler things), and we started.

For some reason, we had a PLD and a NIN in our party. Maybe that's regular practice and I didn't know about it, but I've never been in a party like that before. As we fought the mob, the WHM was spamming Cure IVs all over the place, and understandably ran out of MP halfway through the fight, leaving our hero to finish the fight main-healing.

We rested after the fight, because someone went afk, and I took the time to /check the WHM again. Not only was he still wearing the MND- gear, he didn't have any MND+ stats on anything but his pants, and he used a Dark Staff while healing. Needless to say, I was a little confused.

We started our next fight and the same thing happened. Our WHM ran out of MP halfway through and I had to do his job for him. After this fight our WHM disappeared for 20 min while looking for someone who had sent him a /tell asking for a Raise. We kept going while he was gone, because I was doing all the healing/Hastega-ing anyway.

While fighting some weird looking spider mob, I used Cure II on the PLD, who was apparently afraid of his MP. After the Cure II hit, I got a face full of spider leg, and my health dropped to almost nothing. The PLD voked and I used Cure II on myself and was promptly reacquainted with that spider's leg. Thankfully the mob died before I did, and I could fully heal myself before we began.

We had two tanks, a NIN and a PLD, and one single Cure II pulled hate. I asked the PLD if he could start healing himself, but he replied that he didn't want to take hate..

Our Paladin didn't want to take hate.

I shot him a tell asking him to main tank, because the NIN couldn't keep hate, but I didn't get a response. The next three fights were all the same. I would use Cure II, I would get mauled by a spider.

Finally our WHM decides to come back to us and nothing changes. It took forever and a half to kill anything so I found a replacement for myself and bailed. I felt bad for the guy I got to take my place, but I did warn him to watch his hate and that the WHM sucked.

So yeah, I had a party with a WHM and 2 tanks, and I still ended up almost eating dirt. Anybody want a duo partner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried soloing bombs yet? You can easily do it while seeking and not bother with those shitty parties you find yourself in.
The xp isn't great, but it's better then not doing anything. :)

Anonymous said...

lolpld

Were either of the tanks even provoking?