Monday, August 21, 2006

I uh... yeah.


First things first, I did not get to see Snakes on a Plane this weekend. I was busy (drunk) all Saturday, and waaaaaaay to hung over yesterday to bother doing anything. So instead, here's a story, about a blm, in the Dunes. A blm I would very much like to punch in the face.

I know that being in Valkrum Dunes means that there is no one with any intellegence for three zones, but this pretty much blew my mind.

It had already been a lousy day of partying in the Dunes. We had three tanks level and leave, anxious to start leveling their subs, regardless of how boned the party would be. Everyone was a total assface and left without any warning or replacement, so the first party disbanded. I wasn't too concerned, as I was leveling whm and everyone loves whms.

Forty-five minutes later.

Just as I began contemplating suicide, I get an invite to replace a rdm. Happily I accept, and off I went. I checked the party setup, and it seemed pretty solid, but something seemed off...

whm/blm <-- our hero pld/war sam/war blm/pld war/nin drk/war Do you see it? I have to admit, I missed it at first glance. Here it is again, in case you did too. blm/pld

Not only was this foolish blm subbing pld, but his sub was level fucking 1. I shoot him a /tell to see what's up.

Pasquale: Um. Hey.
blm/pld: Yo.
Pasquale: Sooo... blm/pld huh?
blm/pld: Yeah.
Pasquale: How's that workin' out for ya?
blm/pld: It's awesome, I'm pretty sure I get a fuck-ton of extra def.

'I'm pretty sure I get a fuck-ton of extra def.' A single tear dropped down my cheek.

Pasquale: Um, I'm no expert, but i don't think you get anything when your sub is level 1.

blm/pld: I get a few more HP and some def. That's what I need most.
Pasquale: That's funny, I would think MP would be what a blm needs most.

blm/pld: I have plenty of MP.

Lies. He was a fucking Elvaan. He needed all the MP he could get.

We start fighting and sure enough, he had to rest after every kill. A little while later we started fighting a very angry goblin. This guy was built like a tank and would not go down. And despite having a 'fuck-ton of extra def' the blm/pld was killed, after just one bomb.

The moral of the story is that you should always think before choosing a sub-job. If at any time, you consider something like this guy did, save everyone the trouble and murder yourself in the most horrible way possible to you at the time. Also, for fuck's sake, keep your subs leveled, you lazy piece of crap.

Not you, him.

No comments: