Monday, August 14, 2006

Pa-owned

First off, you'll notice the blog has a new look. I can assure you it has the same great taste. Go ahead, lick your monitor. Ok, now clean it off, its story time.

While waiting for some people to catch up so we can static, I have spent the last few weeks gathering SMN things. (Carby Mitts, Whispers, etc...) Last night, I decided i would try to complete the first round of my AF, and get myself the weapon. I did some quick research and this is what I found:

1 - Go to House of the Hero in Windy Walls
2 - Head to Port Bastok and have a little talk with Juroro
3 - Trade Earth Pendulum to Cloister of Tremors
4 - Return to Port Bastok and speak with Juroro
5 - Head back to Windurst
6 - Obtain AF weapon
7 - /dance

After seeing what I had to do, I got excited. From what I could tell there would be no monsters to fight, and no NM waiting to maim me. I grab my gear and off I go.

I got to the House of the Hero and was amazed at what I saw. Carbuncle was talking to me, while standing on an invisible table. So magical.

Carby talked for a while about some stuff and then I headed to Bastok. On my way to Bastok, I pulled out my Carbuncle to see if he would talk too. No dice. It kinda reminded me of that singing frog in an old cartoon, the one who wouldn't do anything if anyone was around.

Juroro does his thing and I get an Earth Pendulum. I use the Mini-Fork trick to instantly warp myself to the Cloister. I trade the Pendulum to the glowing yellow rock.

I then found myself entering a battlefield.

I buff myself as I am trying to assess the situation. After taking a closer look at the 'to do' list for AF1, I see that there is in fact an NM. I pull out Carby and prepared for battle.

We charged forward and I sent Carbuncle in. I decided to treat this like one of the solo-level 20 avtar fights, as that would be my only chance.

Pasquale uses Astral Flow.
Carbuncle starts casting Searing Light.
Galgalim eats Carbuncle.

Well, not literaly 'eats,' but there was much death, of the instant variety. This of course meant I had to stay alive for 60 seconds, before I could try Searing Light again.

60 seconds proved to be 54 seconds too long.

Pasquale starts casting Carbuncle.
Galgalim starts casting Heinous Sex Acts on Pasquale.

What followed was a massacre of unholy proportions. After my swift and merciless annhilation, I went home, logged out, put on some soothing Jack Johnson, and cried myself to sleep.