Friday, August 11, 2006

/tell /trouble

So I spent the majority of this week gathering help and re-battling the Avatars, so that I could get the whispers and finally be able to fight Fenrir.

Once the parties were assembled, the fights went relatively smooth. Aside from Gruda, who we accidently fought on Windsday. My ass is still bleeding from that one.

Now while things went pretty well when we were all set, it was an entirely different story putting the groups together. I started most of them by /shouting in jeuno and working from there.

Pasquale: {Help me out!} (insert avatar name) {Full attack!} {Please assist.}

Nice, polite, and to the point. I don't understand why some people are totally retarted, but seriously if you have that much trouble reading, maybe you should play something else:

Player1: What do you need help with?

C'mon. I could not have been more clear. I ignore him, as I am positive talking to him will cause me to miss a better, more useful tell.

I was wrong. Ten minutes wrong.

I do another shout and a few min later I get another /tell.

Player2: Wut's that?
Pasquale: What's what?
Player2: lol {full attack!} Wuts that?
Pasquale: Oh. I need help with killing Titan.
Player2: Titan? is that an NM?
Pasquale: Are you serious? Titan is an avatar... for SMN...
Player2: Oh lol.
::pause::
Player2: Wait... wut?
Pasquale: Summoner. You can summon Titan. I need help to go fight him.
Player2: You can be TITAN?!

/blist - Also, I hate you.

A little while later I get a /tell from a 75rdm/nin and off we go. I was excited because this was going to be a guaranteed victory. We make it to the Cloister and I enter. The rdm/nin does not.

Rdm/nin: LOL I forgot my fork. I'll brb.

I zone out of crystal and wait.

And wait.

And wait.

/sea rdm/nin all

0 people found in all known areas. I /sighed and warped back to jeuno, ready to give up.

Player3:
Hey, I don't have fork yet but I want to go, how do i check fame?

I /checked him. 75nin/war. Nice. I told him to go to Windy Waters and to check it there. A few minutes later I hear from him again.

Player3: You are a liar. There is no (F-10) on this map.
Pasquale: Waters has two parts... run north to the second map...
Player3: oh lol

I was pretty confident he did not have enough fame, as it seemed he had never been to Windurst before. Story checks out.

Player3: "You have barely made a name for yourself" Is that enough?

I didn't bother responding, I was too busy swallowing sleeping pills and downing a box of wine.

The week wasn't a total waste, though. I managed to get a group together and off we went. We fought, we won, we /cheer-ed. Good times all around. Thanks to everyone that was useful and helped out. We're awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lol at the insane number of lvl 75s that did nothing but exp all the way to 75. How could they miss out on so much of the game. Personally, by the time I hit 60; I lost count of the number of individual quests I had completed.

Hope you get those avatars.

- Oro

btw, edit your links.

Anonymous said...

I've just read all the entries in this blog and was pissing myself with laughter the whole time. You're a gifted writer and I wouldn't be surprised if you were a journalist or an author. All you need to do know is start posting pics as well and things will be perfect.

-Tom

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Truth about breast implants Exspect creative zen touch skins and headphone pack answering services Intercontinental bank of nigeria endermologie cellulite car alarm systems2c car security system2c enforcer dunlop tires Counterfeit didrex online